I’m not sure how, but time always seems to speed up after Halloween, and this year is no exception. There are only 10 days to Christmas and Chanukah has already begun!!!! Join me, as I scramble to tie up loose ends for holiday celebrations and gather gifts for my friends and family.
« HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS »
- HOSTESS GIFTS – I’d like to say I’m one of those people that keeps a closet full of great gifts on hand for impromptu holiday get togethers… but I’m not 😉 If you’re in a pinch and need something quick, you can always stop at your local Whole Foods – they have great selections of olive oils, soaps and lotions. If you have a little more time seek out an artisanal hand soap like this one (shown above) or this – these are great gifts that I would love to get but may not buy for myself. Serving pieces like these brass salad servers are pretty and useful as is anything cheese-board related like this, this and this. Beautiful pottery like this bowl (shown above) is always a winner and I also like the idea of a funny gift like this book (shown above).
- GIRLS (mine is 8) – my daughter knows what she wants and it’s best for me not to improvise. She made it super clear to me this year that she must have headphones and they must be rose gold like this or this pair (shown above). She also likes shoes a lot and wanted Uggs like these, boots like these and sneakers like these (shown above). Accessories are big and she’d like to have lots of them. Good thing places like Zara make lots of cute and affordable accessories like this purse (shown above), these ear muffs and these hair clips.
- BOYS (mine is 11) -like most boys I know, my son would be happy to open just about anything that takes a battery or plugs in. I’m on the fence about it but his big ask this year is a smart watch. There are also lots of cool bands to go with them like this (shown above) and this. He’s been into the solar system since he was a child, but there’s nothing juvenile about this telescope (shown above) and this map of the constellations. My son also has a big Beatles obsession right now and I know anything Beatles related – like this t-shirt (shown above), this t-shirt and this album – will make him super happy.
- HUSBANDS – my husband has taken his love of cooking to the next level (how lucky am I?!) so I am supporting his hobby by beefing up his kitchen accessories. We got this smoker last year and he uses it all the time. He even smoked a turkey on it for thanksgiving. SO good. I’m not exactly sure what these porcelain plates will enable him to do on the smoker, but he’s asking for them and if they’ll inspire him to do even more cooking, then I’m buying them! These chip resistant glasses (shown above) are good-looking and will hold up to the wear and tear we put on all of our things. Not everything I give him can be about cooking and this shirt (shown above) or this shirt are also on the list as is this backgammon set (shown above).
- DOGGIES – this year we added a puppy to our family. Martha is a Boston Terrier and she really gets into the holiday spirit. Here she is on Halloween. It can be hard to find attractive dog accessories, but they are more readily available and some big box stores are carrying very cute chew toys like this hamburger and this monkey (shown above), leashes and beds (shown above).