It’s that time of year and I am determined to be prepared with my holiday gifts. No last minute shopping for me! I’ve started scouring the Internet and brick and mortar stores for unusual gifts for the loved ones on my list.
I love gift-giving any time of year and get great joy out of finding the “perfect” gift for whomever I am shopping for. Buying presents around the holidays gives me even more pleasure because I like to challenge myself to be creative and find things that the recipient will love even if it’s not on their list.
This year I am creating some organization around my gifting by creating lists for all the people I am shopping for. This might sound like an obvious step, but there have been a few close calls over the years where last minute panicked- purchasing has been made for a person or two I accidentally forgot ?
Once my list is made (and double checked) I’m adding 3-5 options for each person under their name and narrowing down from there. I prefer to give one special gift over several mediocre ones. Special doesn’t mean expensive, just thoughtful. Some years I come up with a theme for my gifts, but this year I am simply looking for things I think people will love.
« HOLIDAY GIFTS »
- HOSTESS GIFTS – It’s always nice to bring a small thoughtful “something” to a party, whether you’ve made it yourself or bought it at a store, make sure it’s wrapped pretty! I think these are all good ideas – olive oil, match striker or candlesticks (both shown above), a lovely cookbook or artisanal baking supplies like this vanilla extract.
- GIRLS (mine is 7) – Sparkles make my girl happy and I have to admit I like them too. Emoji nail polish (shown above) is a great gift and this year Zara has some cute shimmery headbands like this (shown above) and this. We’ve also got a lot of baking going on so an apron like the one pictured above seems apropos. She loves art and really wants new supplies like this paint set, these brushes and I think she’ll love this tie dye kit and a print making kit too.
- BOYS (mine is 10) – Anything tech is big and my boy is obsessed with these Daydream Goggles (shown above). He also really wants a new headset, monitor and this techy car game (cringe!!). I still want him to play outside and I’m hoping he’ll love this kite (shown above) as much as I do. He’s got a thing for pugs and I know these pug socks (shown above) will be a hit.
- HUSBANDS – A nice dopp kit like the one pictured above is always a great gift because he won’t buy it for himself. He’s also really into barbecuing and smoking meat and I’ve heard this is a great smoker (shown above). Lately, we inherited an old-school turn table so “1000 Album Covers” (shown above) seems like a fun coffee table book that he’ll enjoy. I know he needs some new casual clothes too and I love this Jacket and this Flannel Shirt from Guidebook.
- CO-WORKERS – A massage is a good gift for anyone and The Now Massage in Los Angeles offers great services in a really cool space at affordable prices. I also love these Peace Bells to promote office serenity as well as lip gloss (both shown above) for an easy and always appreciated gift for your co-workers.
- TEACHERS – My son’s teacher is into working out so the Swell water bottle or the BKR heart water bottle are useful gifts. I also love the idea of gifting fun desk supplies that most teachers won’t buy for themselves – these are great pens, agendas, acrylic stapler and tape, and I also love these personalized notepads that are super affordable.
Leave a Reply