I’ve always tried to incorporate exercise into my daily routine, but as we all know, it can be challenging to find the time. While I’m on a brief hiatus from work, I decided my “job” would be an hour a day of exercise, also known as self preservation. I heard some friends talking about a relatively new hot yoga studio in Santa Monica appropriately named Sweat Yoga and decided to try it. I’ve gone to lots of different yoga classes but never really got hooked until hot yoga. I’ve done my share of Soul Cycle, Pilates, and outdoor run/walking but nothing has cleared my mind and body as much as hot yoga.
« YOGA GEAR FAVORITES »
- SKIDLESS TOWEL – it’s so important to have one of these skidless towels on top of your yoga mat so your hands and feet don’t slip in downward dog.
- TOTE BAG – believe it or not you sweat so much in hot yoga that even your bag gets wet carrying your towel, mat, etc. So, I like to use a a washable canvas tote like this one. Cotton On also has so many cute totes like this and this and the $2.00 price tag is unbeatable.
- LEGGINGS – there are so many amazing leggings to choose from. I love these and these but if you’re not looking to spend upwards of $100 on yoga leggings I have these, these and these and love how they all fit.
- SELF CARE – not everybody is big on baths but for me a bath is the ultimate luxury and this bath soak is amazing.
- YOGA MAT – how cute are these Yeti yoga mats? They come in other patterns like this and this.
- SWEAT SHIRT – make sure to bring a change of clothes or at least a comfy sweatshirt like this one. I also like this fleece and this Monrow hoodie.
- HEADBAND – my headbands always seem to disappear in the wash so I have to load up on them. Good thing there are lots of great patterns to choose from, I like this, this and this.
- SHOES – waterproof slip-ons are the best choice for hot yoga. I love these metallic silver Birkenstocks.